All 12 art Reviews

Killgar of Killgaria Killgar of Killgaria

Really love this one.

The perfect balance of detail and fall off. Great work.

deathink responds:

Thanks Jouste, I really appreciate you saying so.

Henry the Hatchmage Henry the Hatchmage

So good!
I really love where you took this. really knocked my old design out of the park. great job!

Mental Warp Mental Warp

this rules

smokery this rocks. excellent work. full score all the way.

i love the open space you have and the asymmetry of your character. it feels really great, very interesting for a piece that emits this much violence.

after combining your drawing with the poem the image all of a sudden became peaceful and almost sweet as i started understanding why it was all going on.

Garage Fighting 2010 Garage Fighting 2010

this is wicked

such an awesome piece with such an awesome place for it to end up. very very cool johnny.

i think my favorite part is how well the composition is and then dan just ruins it by coming into the shot from the right, it really made me laugh that he was screwing up the shot so well.

and thank you for setting me straight on the whole NJ thing, it was really hurting my head trying to figure it out before you explained what the abbreviation was.

JohnnyUtah responds:

thanks dude. yeah thats what I was going for, hopefully I succeeded. :)

Dont play with knives! Dont play with knives!

holy ass crackers!

wow dud this is a huge amount of work and you really pulled off something cool here.

love your expressions and the fish guy is particularly cool. there is a lot of places the eye can play around here. like the fact that its new years and stormy out!

this is looking a lot more refined than some of your earlier works. very well done. i look forward to seeing more stuff like this from you.

and i really appreciate the amount of work here. cool cool stuff.

TheShadling responds:

Wow thanks alot jouste! I am trying to improve. Im glad to hear that you can see that.

Foxes Foxes

excellent!

again.

excellent palette choice and your lines are as direct and powerful as always. very cool topic and the foreshortening on the right is very well executed.

cool stuff my man. i'd love to see more animal studies from you.

-jouste

jouste is a beauty jouste is a beauty

hooray!

an excellent representation on the lazarus leigon!

when you asked to do this one specificlaly i was pretty excited because he wasn't a very big hit in some of my peer-circles. you made him look all stoic and mean. shadman was right in saying you made your version a lot more mean looking than mine, very cool direction.

now this is a review so i'll drop some crit:

your ideas are really good but you may need to loosen up your characters ridged and stiff posing if you want to get more energy out of them. i know here you're drawing a very stiff old man in a constrictive suite but i'm more mentioning this as a blanket statement on a lot of your art.

your colors are very very bold and they cut super deep on the page and you lose a lot of your line work and detail. this is great if that's the style you're going for but some line variation might be interesting to play around with.

enough of my blabbering, great job! lets do it again soon!

dommi-fresh responds:

i agree about the poses actually i need to loosen the characters up. but the style that i use is suposed to be bold and unfortunatley yes it does mean i loose alot of the line work and detail but that is just a sacrafice i am willing to make.

thanks for the advice jouste i will keep in touch!

Bug Bait Bug Bait

super

this is a really well done piece.

there's great palette decisions, good expressions, cool lighting dynamics, and crustaceans.

great rednitions of the characters as well.

10 stars you crazy bastard.

THE Red Knight THE Red Knight

this rules

super stuff dude. the look is like pseudo historic, it really enriches the character. bad-ass pose as well. totally faved. stellar work brother.

dommi-fresh responds:

wow thanks you have really stuff as well great to hear from ya

Starsquatch Starsquatch

hooray!

totally baised cause it's a dude of mine but i really like what you did. the setting is sexy and he looks all complacent. nice gear representation as well.

you did a super job with the simian like look of his proportions. if i had to nit pick i'd say his weapon looks a little off. i basically blame myself cause the thing is pretty un-wieldly to draw. i think it's basically cause you can keep your stuff so strongly in the realm of flatness that anything that's forced spherical has some minor wierdness.

but enough of that goofyness. i loves it long time. great job and we should do it again sometime.